Shadowrun: The Series, Revisited
This wiki is currently being used to set up notes and ideas for a future Shadowrun “reboot” game I want to run. Much like the Battlestar reboot, I want to take Shadowrun and run it through the ringer a spell. This means tweaking the hell out of the setting, and making it more digestible.
My hope is for the game to have a heavy investigation focus. Less True Lies and more The Wire in feel. Theme-wise, there might be a tiny bit of black and white in a vast see of mirrored shades of gray.
- Blade Runner
- Virtual Light / Idoru / All Tomorrow’s Parties
- Valiant (by Holly Black)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution
- Sam and Twitch
- and all of the old FASA-era Shadowrun novels
Themes I want to explore:
- The private lives of the individual runners
- The establishment of solid party dynamics
- The existence of the characters as actual people above and beyond their team roles
Some things that would be pretty cool:
- Have each character be from a completely different walk of life.
- I’d love one to be a DocWagon EMT, and explore what it’s like to “work backwards” through a failed Run and try to save someone
- It’d be sweet to have one player be a rent-a-cop, and do a security mission with his own rent-a-cop buddies